View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 05:41 AM   #1
Toyguy

Hood latch replacement

Anyone know what's involved with replacing the front hood latch? Does the bumper cover need to come off for that?

I'm chasing a few minor problems on the car, one of which is a single beep when locking it up. The alarm LED also double-flashes, both of which mean something isn't properly locked I think. I noticed the front trunk light didn't always come on when opening the hood, so I'm replacing the latch to try and fix that. It does work occasionally so I know the bulb is good.

It may well be a combination of switches, as I also noticed that the digital part of the cluster does not shut off when removing the ignition key. They will only go off when I lock the car. The interior door lights work properly though. I also noticed that on rare occasions the windows don't drop down the few inches when unlatching the top, so I am suspicious of the top latch switch also.

The door locks seem OK and the windows do drop and rise automatically when using the door handles, so I think those are OK. The rear trunk also works fine as does its interior light.

Anyhow, if anyone knows how to get at this front hood latch, I'd appreciate any advice. First job today is replacing the airbag frame on the wheel to cure the random horn sounding problem.
Toyguy is offline   Reply With Quote