View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
FoFoJoe
FoFoJoe

Garage
My solution for keyless entry - 2001 Boxster

Just wanted to share a project I just finished today. I had a working original key (with the keyless/trunk pop) but I only had the one. After seeing the price of a replacement I decided to find another way to get a replacement key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98-dVghDcog

Quick background, I work in the car audio industry so keyless entry/alarms/remote start is something I deal with on a regular basis.

So I had one of the installers help me figure out a plan. We had a Viper 5806v that was parted out but still had the brain/remote/antenna so I picked that up for $95 and had it installed for $100. It arms and disarms the factory alarm and will eventually pop the front/rear trunk too. He had problems with the triggers for the two trunks but we should have that solved within a couple days.

The remote is a 2 way system so the remote is paged to confirm the car locks/unlocks, or if the shock sensor is triggered.

As far as the key goes, I swapped the transponder pill and key shaft from my original key to this 911 fob.

Now I have a keyless entry system and factory 911 key and can preserve my original boxster key. No more worrying about that $400+ replacement cost..

This could be done with any keyless entry system so long as it has atleast 2 auxiliary triggers for the front and rear trunks.

- FunctionFirst shift knob/short shift kit
- Focal speakers/Alpine amp/Kenwood deck/Pioneer 8" subs
FoFoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote