View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 04:50 PM   #6
Pilot2519j

The interpretation of the statement has many permutations. If we are to follow that logic then acuras are nothing more than a bloated honda. Even the origin of Porsche is closely tied with VW.So you can say that the 911 is bloated VW bug.
Bitter and frustrated people can't ever find something nice to say to anyone. They are the half empty glass crowd and people in general I would not like to be around with.
As far as our car is concern the 986 Boxster I find the design avant garde and trend setting. I find it so beautiful that I envisioned being exhibited in the future at MOMA like the Jag XK-E is. The Boxster is the quintessential roadster! It is true to its sport car roots of the 1950's in performance and handling. I consider it nicer looking and much better handling car than the 911. Sure it does not the racing history than the 911 but I believe that the 550 Spyder racing program is well documented and happened before there ever was a 911. The aforementioned debunks the 911 racing lineage as to who came first. The modern Boxster based on the Spyder does not have a racing program but that is a Porsche Corp decision. That has nothing to do how the present car handles or how it performs. I will say that there are cars out there that are faster but they will never match the handling of the Boxster. This fact is confirmed in all of the automobile magazines that have tested the Boxsters.
Regarding the ever important hp issue , just ask Michael Schumacher if he would like more hp in his F-1 Ferrari and I can assure that the answer will be "Yes we can use some more power" . We are totally spoiled. We have a car capable of over 165 miles per hour and we want more! 0-60 in 5.5 or less handles like a gem. All of that and looks awesome. In short for those effete dense headed imbeciles that carte blanche the car with the statement that Boxster is not a Porsche just tell them to test drive one and then when they have something intelligent to say to raise their hand. After all the car is designed by Porsche, made by Porsche factory and sold in Porsche showrooms.
Just remember Spyder was first , the 911 came later.