View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #10
BoxsterLS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Doubling down, I like it! My car could have been a candidate for you but now my engine is getting rebuilt. Did you ever sell your original LS Boxster?
Haha yeah doubling down because even though I spent way more then originally planned it is a great car! One of the best I have ever driven. I did sell the original car to a gentleman in Wisconsin who I believe is lurking around these forums somewhere although not sure if he has ever posted. I need to touch base with him and see how he is liking the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfiend View Post
Do a cayman!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yes as you pointed out further down the line here, Caymans are not really reasonably priced when compared to Boxsters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
This one might be a good candidate - 911 cab.
Not in your neck of the woods, tho.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/mechanic-special-1999-porsche/6686737350.html
Thanks for the lead, that is very well priced! A 911 would probably be the smarter build but to be honest I think the Boxster is a much better balanced car! Still may give them a call though!
Thanks for your reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seningen View Post
Contract Jake Raby -- he's in your neck of the woods -- there maybe clients of his that decide not to fix their engines, and he'd know of folks looking to just dispose of the car.

Mike
Yeah if all else fails I may do that but I'm sure he would rather talk them into a $20K rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom4782 View Post
Hi:

My car is heading for 'bad motor' land, but it's not there yet. From the diagnostics, it looks like its time for a rebuild before the motor grenades - P1341 and black plastic pieces in the sump. My wrench turning skills are not up to the job.

Check this forum link out and let me know if you're interested: 01S - SEMI Roller for Sale

Regards,

Thom
Definitely interested but would like to know more about it, the Craigslist link in the post is expired - please send more details!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedntktz View Post
How far from Home are you willing to consider?
I like road trips so I'm willing to consider just about anything as long as it does not involve importing from overseas
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garv214 View Post
Here's another one in the SF Bay Area... Looks very clean...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/2000-porsche-boxster/6695559487.html
DANG! I REALLY don't want a black on black car as summers here suck bad enough, but DAMN thats a pretty good deal! Maybe a wrap and an interior swap
Thanks for the lead!
J

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfiend View Post
Damn i see why you want to do a boxster vs cayman they are MUCH cheaper...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yessir! I'm figuring to find a decent complete Boxster in the $3-5K range as where Caymans didn't have nearly as high of an engine failure rate and you'll be lucky to find a cheap one $10k+

I appreciate all the replies, definitely keep em coming!
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote