View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #20
Pdwight

Thanks Maytag

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
c'mon you guys.... there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with Federal Tires. BEST? Not by a long shot. But to suggest that somehow you need Michelins or Pirellis or something for normal driving is just bosh. (jdraupp, I'm talking to you)

I'm usually a Michelin guy, myself, because Michelin gave me a seeming never-ending supply of tires when I was racing superbikes. So, loyalty and all that. But right now I'm running a set of Federal 595-RS-RR on my spare wheels for track use, and they are perfectly serviceable.

Look, PDwight: buy the tires you can afford, or rationalize. Make sure you've always got adequate tread to shed water... but I don't care if that tread is American, French, Italian or Chinese: It'll be just fine.

When you start feeling like the tire you've got isn't up to the driving you;re doing, then maybe it's time to start looking at an upgrade. But until then, don't sweat it.

(For the record: if this were a sportbike forum, my advice would be very different. For what should be very obvious reasons)
I was just looking for a little feedback, had researched the tires and I have now ordered two for the rear. I think these will do fine for DD until I buy a new complete set...about to be tucked in for the winter anyway. BTW there are much cheaper priced tires than these that look great but I could find nothing on actual reviews.

Now for the Water Pump and OAS as soon as parts arrive and I get some time.
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote