View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 08:10 AM   #19
jdraupp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Hmmm.... I may owe you an apology. I took the aggregate of what I was reading in your posts, and thought I understood what you were saying. Now, as you challenge that, I realize there were other ways to read your comments. My apologies. I'll make no excuses; my bad entirely.

Truly, JDraupp, I'm sorry.
I so often on this forum find commenters trying to squeeze the fun out of these cars by throwing wet blankets on the guys who can afford to do "good enough", but not "best". This looked to be one of those times, and it appears I jumped to the wrong conclusion.
No problem. Believe me I'm not the type that needs to have every part in the porsche box and only the OEM recommendations, I just think having a good set of matching tires is important. How good is up to the user. But from my experience, buying something untested may end up causing you to buy it twice. If federal works well and it lasts, then I'll consider it next time I'm in the market. I went with the sumis partially because the wear rating was a touch higher than some of the other stuff I found. Bang for buck is the key term.

Tires, oil, IMS. Three incideniary topics on this forum.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote