View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 08:04 AM   #18
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdraupp View Post
Where in my post did I state that? I challenge you to find it.

If you examine a little closer, you'll see that I myself run sumitumo tires on my boxster and I'd hardly call them high quality or expensive. However, I did quite a bit of research both through road test reviews, published statistics and personal testimony. I also bought them from tire rack that did plenty of their own research.

I recommended a pair of rear pilots because that's what he said he had on the fronts and they were in good shape. Mismatching tires is not a good way to go.

If the federals have good reviews then go for them. At the end of the day it's your car and your butt in the seat. But don't put words in my mouth.
Quote:
Buying tires on ebay...yikes. look, I understand I'm not in your position, but tires are something you simply can't skimp on. There are only 4 points where your car touches the ground...you have to have good tires.
Quote:
...Unless I'm missing something, I wouldn't put "federal" in the the high quality category. My point was, it's one thing to put a Chinese ebay muffler on your car, it's another to make that same decision with tires. May end up costing you a lot more in the long run.

Hmmm.... I may owe you an apology. I took the aggregate of what I was reading in your posts, and thought I understood what you were saying. Now, as you challenge that, I realize there were other ways to read your comments. My apologies. I'll make no excuses; my bad entirely.

Truly, JDraupp, I'm sorry.
I so often on this forum find commenters trying to squeeze the fun out of these cars by throwing wet blankets on the guys who can afford to do "good enough", but not "best". This looked to be one of those times, and it appears I jumped to the wrong conclusion.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote