Thread: Noob Question
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #1
phook

Noob Question

Hello all,

I just bought a 2000 Boxster about 3 weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out plans for my car. My main purpose for this car is AutoX and DE - just trying to become a better driver with a goal of w2w racing one day. But first, I have to do some preventative maintenance from the PPI list.

I think I want to build the car more towards DE/TT but I am most likely going to participate in a lot of autocross as well. My experience so far is only autocross in my GTI, but have never been to a track day.

My first preventative maintenance item is to change out to the brake hoses + fluid. I'm trying to decide between ATE rubber hoses or stainless steel hoses from Pelican Parts.

My biggest question is, is it worth it to try and stay in stock class for autocross and get the rubber hoses? I will be primarily focused on driver mod for a while, but also want to make sure my car can handle the track duty. Is the 2.7 986 even competitive enough in street class to worry about?

I know that installing an underdrive pulley is recommended for track and will take me out of stock class at autox. And if that is the case, should I just say screw it, get SS lines since I will be thrown out of street class when I put in the reliability mods for DE anyways?
phook is offline   Reply With Quote