View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #14
Geof3

Prices are going up... Mine books on KBB for 14k (2002S with 60k in "good" condition, I paid 12k) having said that, I wouldn't pay 12k for that car. Simply being repainted kills the overall value IMO. Though the things listed are potentially relatively minor, they can be expensive to fix. If the leak is the cam cover thats not exactly cheap unless you can DIY, most likely it is one or more spark plug tubes which are no big deal but requires getting up close and in person to really tell. The coolant situation could be a cap, or it could be the tank, or something else. Oil systems, coolant systems and electronics in these rack up FAST $$$ wise. If the guy is stuck on the 12k (doubt he ever will get that for that car) walk on this one. You will be spending much more $$$ pretty quickly.

Keep in mind though, "low mileage, full records 986's" are still 16-20 years old and will pull a premium, but still might require a significant $$ outlay for suspension parts, motor mounts, poss IMS etc and other age/wear related systems.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote