View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
Dave80GTSi

For Sale: Set of 17 Inch “S” Wheels with New Tires - $500.00

Does your car need a new set of sticky HiPo street tires, and you dread the idea of hassling with all that new tire mounting and balancing stuff? If you own a base 986, are you interested to upgrade your wheels to the “S” style?

For Sale is a full set of four 17 inch OEM “S” wheels from my personal car, fitted with a set of almost new (less than 1000 daily driver street-only miles) highly rated Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires.

Front: 7” width x 55 mm offset wheels, with 205/50 x 17 tires
Rear: 8.5” width x 50 mm offset wheels, with 255/40 x 17 tires

These wheels and tires are (obviously) already mounted and balanced and are all ready to simply bolt on to your car. The balance is very smooth – no weird wobbles or vibrations at speeds well above the legal speed limit ( … ahem). I even fitted fancy low profile chrome valve stems which look really nice. No center caps included.

The condition of all four of the wheels and tires is about a 9 out of 10. No rim gashes or marks whatsoever – these are about as mint of a set as you are ever likely to find. The only reason why I am selling them is that I stumbled across a deal that I could not refuse for some 18 inch 987 rims, as shown post 4491 in this thread: What did you do with/to your Boxster today?

Discussion about these Firestone tires can be found here: Firestone firehawk indy 500? I liked these 17 inchers so well that I bought an 18 inch set of them to fit to my new 987 wheels.

$500.00 USD for the full set as shown in the pics, which is basically the cost of just the tires alone.

I am located in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio, and would certainly prefer a local pick-up if you are reasonably close to me. I am willing to consider shipping on your dime, but note that this would be a bit of a hassle for the both of us. These wheels / tires are pretty heavy (especially the wider rears), which would make the packing and transport costs relatively high for you.

Thanks - DM

Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote