View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdelorenzo View Post
This is probably a dumb question, but since I have been unable to figure it out, I will ask.
When I flush the brakes and the clutch on my 02 Base with a Motiv Black Label Power Bleeder, do I need someone to hold either pedal down while doing the bleed?
I am pretty sure that I don't, which is the point of the power bleeder, but I am unsure about the clutch pedal.
Do I just cover the bleed valve with the hose, loosen it, and wait for the new color fluid to flow through, then tighten it back up?
Does the clutch pedal need to be pressed to the floor while doing this by either another person or a 2x4?
Or do I leave the clutch pedal alone and just do the flush?
That's the only part that's not clear to me.
This is the first brake change since I bought the car and I am flushing out the fluid, since I don't know the condition of it.
It seems pretty straightforward otherwise, but there are gaps in the spaces between The Bentley Book and The 101 Book.
That's where this place shines!
Thanks again!
Yes, the clutch pedal needs to be held down to the floor while flushing the system; could be by a person or a pedal holding tool, but it needs to be held down.