View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #5
Spirit_RE

I think I understand what happened. For posterity:

In picture #1, the yellow connector (OEM Porsche) is the line-out connector originally connecting the line-out of Becker head unit to the factory Bose amp. I, ignorantly, just plugged this into the shape that it fit on my adapter harness (I guess I should have noticed that 6 wires in and 1 wire out doesn't make sense ). But the adapter harness I have is for Bose amps that do not run on line level signals (I guess?). So as particlewave mentions, there is no audio signal being sent out by the head unit.

I tried to connect the yellow (line-out) connector to my new continental head unit, but still no joy. After reading the documentation from Bergville more carefully (here: http://www.bergvillfx.com/files/Continental_installationmanual.pdf) I have realized that the continental head unit does not provide line-level output.

Essentially, I bought the incorrect adapter harness. I should have bought THIS ONE, which has a LOC (Line Output Converter) for my particular setup. In my defense, Bergville's site isn't crystal clear on this, as they have two harnesses that allegedly work with the 490 option code audio system.
Spirit_RE is offline   Reply With Quote