View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
Spirit_RE

Just installed aftermarket radio - No sound?

Hi all,

A while ago I posted about some issues I had with a battery drain issue. At the time, my ignition switch was giving me issues and my radio wasn't working properly.

I installed a new ignition switch (process: ) and just today I removed my stock Becker to install a continental radio from Bergville FX.

I used this harness/adapter that they offer:

https://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/products/car-audio/wiring-harnesses/iso-harness-porsche-996-boxster-bose.html

My car has the amplifier in the frunk, so I assumed this was the correct harness. My car has the "490" option code meaning 6 speakers. The connector fit right up, and the co-ax looking cable went into the new head unit. When I turned the ignition key to on, the radio turns on and all the functions appear to be working correctly, but there is no sound. I can hear the speakers doing something, but it doesn't sound like they are receiving any signal from the head unit. Any ideas?

Also, when I was having battery drain issues, I pulled the D8 fuse (from what I remember this has to do with the stereo). Now when I put the D8 fuse back in, the car will not start. What's happening?
Spirit_RE is offline   Reply With Quote