View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #1
PaulMc

Garage
Bog down/hesitation after changing gear

Hi Everyone,

2002 Base with 96K.

I have an issue that I hadn't noticed before, so assume is new, related to changing gear. Mostly, but not always, after changing gear and releasing the clutch, I get a "flat spot," or what feels like a bog down or hesitation as I put my foot down. I have experimented with shift points and whether I shift at 3K, 4K or even 6K rpm it seems to happen. However, running the car up through the rev range, say change up from 3rd to 4th at 3K and the running to redline, the car doesn't miss a beat.

The clutch has about 5K on it and the motor mount was changed recently (1K ago or so) The motor mount made a huge improvement in handling and shifting and I have also had the gearbox oil drained and refilled in the Spring (Porsche OEM fluid). This problem has occurred recently. One thing I did notice was if I ran the car hard for a few days consecutively, I thought it went away, but the car is still doing it.

This could be cockpit error, so I have tried getting off the clutch earlier or later, more gas, or less gas and it seems to be the same.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated! I also have a very small oil leak which is coming off the filter canister. I am pretty sure it is not related, but I can't see where it is originating from either....

Thanks everyone.

Paul.
PaulMc is offline   Reply With Quote