View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 07:42 PM   #10
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
So what is the probable case. You have to buy a stock exhaust system and two O2 sensors, hook them all up, do the adaptation drives to reset the values in the ECU and get a smog test.

The maybe worst case is you discover that the ECU has had an ROW flash and you have to flash back to stock after stocking the exhaust hardware. Plus adaptation runs and ECU.

There have to be dozens of stock exhaust systems sitting around because someone upgraded to what you have. Should be reasonable. Get a price from woody aka itsnotanova via a private message on the 986forum.com so you know the hardware cost.
I agree with Mike. I think I'd find a local indie Porsche shop in Cleveland and run the situation by them.

I live in an emissions controlled county in AZ, pre-96 cars require a dyno with a sniff test. OBD2 cars only have to be plugged in and if there's no CEL, you pass.

I have one of the inexpensive cat back kits that Amazon sells. It keeps all 4 cats and O2 sensors and doesn't set any codes. If the car doesn't have any codes, you may be okay with the smog station.

By all means check with Woody. And search on Ebay and/or the local Craigslist parts catagory.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote