View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #7
Jeremy Cronin

Thank you all for the feedback.

Meanwhile the seller has confirmed that the Borla catalog number is that of the cat-back kit, but that still doesn't specify anything about the rear cats (that apparently do exist).

If I understand correctly, the rear cats are normally in place of those last couple of feet of pipe that lead to just before the "U" turn in the pipes that go in to the silencers?

Looking at the Ohio emissions testing website, it appears there are self service kiosks where an OBDII connection is all that's needed.
I can't find anything on the emissions websites stating that a newly imported car can't be checked there, so I'll try that first.
I have to do the test before the car is registered in state. They provide temp plates until the emissions test is done.

I have imported a Florida car before - a 2000 Mercury Cougar manual for my daughter.
At the emissions test they wouldn't allow me to stay in the shop when the test was done, so I don't know exactly what they did there.

At this point I think I will go ahead with the purchase.
It's a clean car with just under 80k miles, IMS bearing/RMS seal/Clutch were replaced in 2014.

Happy to read any more opinions or advice on this!

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jeremy Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote