View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 07:12 PM   #4501
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Looks great Fred. What mesh did you use for the vents? I'd like to try some of that on my front radiator grills.
Thanks. The mesh is from Custom Car Grills (just google their name). While it may look similar, it is much stronger and much more robust than rain gutter screen. It seriously holds a bend (or its flat shape or any shape you can form it into) and is 77% open vs. full open (no grill). CCG has a wide range of grill material in different finishes and styles along with grill edging material and other helpful stuff. They also list open area info, thickness, material type, etc to help with choosing the appropriate material.

For my front radiator/air con grills I used this same hex material secured with zip ties (there’s a post on that here somewhere) For the side vents I secured the screens with Auto Goop. Auto Goop is pretty amazing for this type of application. Between the strength of the grill material and the Auto Goop it would be very difficult for the grill to be compromised. The gloss black powder coated hex material looks pretty cool also.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 08-29-2018 at 02:47 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote