View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
Pastor T
Top down

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Pastor T
Blackcloud; Here is the rest of the story. I spent two day trying to find the cable. The bottom line is there was NO emergency release cable. Period. I removed the entire back end of my car looking for it. Bumper, heat shields, spoiler, everything. I explored with a long flex camera. I went in the little rubber vents that are at both extreme ends of the trunk. I reached so far in that I got my arm stuck and thought I was going to have to call 911. I finally cut an access door in the trunk wall behind where the license would be. I reached in a was able to manually release the trunk. I eventually found the broken cable for the electronic actuator that the key fob uses. I also found the normal cable that runs from the drivers door sill that was broken. But NO emergency cable, anywhere. I will be replacing both the cables and in addition I will be installing an emergency release cable that I will run out the back of the trunk wall somewhere that is accessible. I am not quite sure why mine did not have the emergency cable. So to everyone reading this. If your electronic actuator quits working fix it immediately. You never know when the manual cable will also fail. If they both fail at the same time you WILL be cutting a hole in your trunk wall.:troll: