View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #2
dsallean

I think the bolt version is the P255 and its used to hold the cams in place while reinstalling along with the P256 tools. I made the P255 from angle aluminum and a couple of bolts, and I made the P256 from wood and used retainer bolts to hold them in place- holding the cams in place. This was while I was reinstalling the actuator bolts. I think you might be able to use the P253 tool to hold the cams in place but mine didn't really hold them so I made the P255 tool. It only took a few minutes. If you are planning for the project go ahead and get or make the tool to compress the variocam actuator. Its a reverse thread (at least it was in mine) so I ordered a few rods and made up the tool A lot easier than zip ties in my estimation. (If you are replacing the pads while out) I did all of this with the engine in the car.

If I remember, you install the cams with the hold downs then rotate them together to align the sprocket for re installation. Hope I recall correctly its been a while.

Three pages of pictures : Pelican Parts Photos - 101 Projects for your Porsche Boxster: Project 16 - Camshaft Upgrade / Chain Tensioner Repl

Dave

Last edited by dsallean; 08-27-2018 at 01:40 PM.
dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote