View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
Era Vulgaris

side mirror mount and seal

I just noticed the other day that the mount for my side mirror has separated from the seal. It's only the top corner, and I've tried pushing it back under the lip of the seal but it won't stay in place.
I've been searching and haven't found any info on how to fix this, or that anyone else has even had this happen. I did remove the interior panel opposite the mirror, and checked that the torx bolts that hold the mirror mount in place were secure, and they are tight.
I'm not sure what else it could be. Has anyone else had this happen? Do I need a new seal, or a new mirror mount? Is there a fastener that's come loose?

Aside from the fact that it looks like crap, I'm worried about water entry. My car is always garaged, but I do occasionally get caught in the rain while out on a drive.

98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5 / 67 Karmann Ghia, black, 1500sp SOLD! / 98 BMW Z3, 2.8 inline 6, atlanta blue metallic SOLD! / 75 Porsche 914, 2270 type4, laguna blue SOLD! / 72 Porsche 914, 1.7 type 4, signal orange SOLD! / 74 Karmann Ghia, 1600dp, black SOLD! / 74 Triumph TR6, 2.5 inline 6, sapphire blue SOLD!

Last edited by Era Vulgaris; 08-22-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Era Vulgaris is offline   Reply With Quote