View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 08:18 PM   #14
TeamOxford
Damn Yankee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffodildeb View Post
I have speakers in back, so no shelf. I'm aware of the other spaces, but it's ridiculous to have a flat open space in front of the gearshift, which is absolutely useless, not even a tray. I'd be better off hot gluing a wicker basket there.
Agreed. I suggest you get rid of the ghetto plastic bits in front of the shifter and get a stock console with two single DIN cubbies. Contact forum member Woody (itsnotanova) for a deal on the console.

If you have an ashtray in your console, get rid of it and install an ashtray delete. That'll free up space for some small bits.

You can put your owners manual and insurance/reg paperwork in the tray under the steering wheel.

You have two door pockets that can hold a lot of stuff. Hang a plastic grocery bag on the hanger hook behind the seat backs for trash.

The passenger pocket on the side of the seat is designed for an umbrella.

To max out your interior space, 86 the speakers and get the shelf.

For overnight travel, there is custom fitted soft luggage available for about $150 that includes four pieces; two for the frunk and two for the trunk. You would be hard pressed to fill them all. Even including what your significant other packs.

Final analysis - there is NO reason you can't fit everything you need in a Boxster....................unless you need to transport a new GE 1200W microwave on Thanksgiving Eve.

Then you put the top down and wedge the carton in the passenger seat. I've done it.

Just sayin'..............

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote