View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 05:34 AM   #16
dsallean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
I posted a question about a torque value for chain tensioners in another thread. I thought to add part of my response to this one. I opted to replace the tensioners since they were out. Which lead to this information:

... if anyone wants to know, the new upper right tensioner uses a 14 mm allen head. The old one was a 32 mm hex. I bought an Allen head socket and drove the Allen head outfoxed the socket. That left me with a 14mm Allen head just like that 12 point/triple square to phe trans, but an Allen head. It fit right into a 9/16 box wrench/socket. So it installed then tensioner without having to remove the air compressor. So removal and installing the tensioner was a breeze - no removal of the compressor required.

At this point, I have a new LN Bearing installed. Everything in the IMS is installed. The chain tenesioners need to be torqued. Then I can remover the cam locks and rotate the engine and check/verify the chains did not jump. A new oil pump spring was also installed. I am not in rush and have been taking my time. Working when the weather is cooperating as far as the heat waves.
Thanks for posting this. If I ever have to replace the upper right tensioner this is a big help. I replaced all three of mine when I did the clutch/IMS/RMS job and that tensioner was biggest pain because of needing to move the A/C compressor.
dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote