View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #15
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
Yes some say he has his own agenda. I think his thoughts no longer on this forum is a great loss. YMMV.
Why doesn't he post here any longer?
Just because somebody has an agenda, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about all the time. It simply means you need to confirm with multiple sources when it starts sounding like a sell-job.

To the original poster: yes, there are a lot of "may"s going on here. As well as a few "have"s, as in: it HAS happened. I told you about some of my own.

Does that mean it WILL happen to you? That you'll have engine failure if you use an oil additive? Of course not. a specific set of circumstances would fall together to cause it. My friend's motor was experiencing some issues already, and he tried to use the "band-aid du jour" oil additive to save it, and it instead accelerated the issue dramatically. If your lifters are indeed ticking, and if it's because of build-up internally (we don't know, because you didn't respond to any of my "find-out" questions) then you certainly COULD exacerbate the problem with an oil additive. "WILL"? I dunno. but "COULD", absolutely.

Here's the REAL question: You've already told us that you didn't see any improvement from using it.... so why are you still a believer? Stock ownership? :-) Hahaha.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote