View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #4484
Brian in Tucson

Well, my 01 base with a replacement engine (last winter's project,) a new to me 03 top with glass, new tires, and so on hasn't moved more than 5 feet since April. When it was last coolish in Tucson. Why, you might ask? Well my carpeting was in shreds and when I bought the top, I got a good set of carpeting, too. I'm glad it's in, I don't want to ever do that again.

Had problem with the hand brake cable--got it fixed. Had to unscrew the throttle pedal to get the carpet down. The G-D screw is impossible to get back in. I've been off and on struggling with it. Finally, today I went to ACE and got a piece of 5mm all thread and a nut. Cut the all thread down to the proper length and made sure the threads were okay. Screwed it into the threaded hole under where the pedal sits, put the pedal on over the all thread and put the nut on. Finally! Since May.

Tomorrow I'll put the new brake switch in (for the brake lites.) And then start putting the interior back together. Whew! It's cooler than it was, but the rain has done away with the dry heat. 97 degrees, 40 to 60% humidity. It ain't pretty.

I hate summer!

Since I got it about a year ago, I've replaced the seats, the steering wheel, the stereo, the regulators for the windows, the top (twice,) the tires, the engine, rebuilt the rear axles, replaced the heavy exhaust with a cheap one from Amazon, replaced the carpeting, replaced the door for the console, the ash tray (nasty) is now just a cubby hole, where the disk storage was is now a cubby hole, where the "cup" holder was is now a delete plate. Engine got the LN oil filter kit, and the front of the engine got an underdrive pulley. And a rms. The engine was a factory reman and has a later, non serviceable IMS bearing.

Still need to get it up in the air and replace the coil-caps and try to find an oil leak. Bleed the brakes, find out why the worn brakes lite is lit.

I wish I'd spent more money and bought a better car.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote