View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 06:41 AM   #1
RidgeRacer

Creating a Danger 1 Replica from a base Boxster

Wanted to show everyone the lifelong dream I’ve been working on. When I was a teenager, J. Scott Campbell came out with Danger Girl, a franchise that’s still going strong today. The art is hypersexualized, but it’s still women being awesome and having our own adventures.

Even better, they turned the Porsche Boxster that had just debuted into a Bond-like supercar.

I’ve wanted this car since I saw the prototype in 1993. So, I bought one. There are countless Boxsters for sale, but I’ve learned from restoring cars you have to find the right one.

I waited for months and found this. Boxster S, Series 1. Only 24,000 miles. IMS done. New clutch. New ignition. Flawless interior.

The only problem is, as you can see, the interior doesn’t match. It’s dark blue. So, the adventure began to swap it all out.

I had to get the soft blue top turned to dark grey like the comic, and get the seats reupholstered. I had to drive a Ronald McDonald car for a few weeks, with blue interior and red seats, but it was worth it.

I spent months waiting for the right car to go to get disassembled for parts, and ended up sourcing the interior from two different cars. The color Boxster Red did not match the color of the Danger 1, so I mixed dye from Carerra Red and Boxster Red and dyed it to match.

The center console was extremely damaged, so I had to sand and repaint.

In the end, I had this giant pile of Boxster parts.

Now, it was off to get that installed. The air conditioner had failed so I paid $2000 to get a brand new OEM module installed while they were there.

Now, here we are - everything together!

The next step is replicating the Danger 1 controls.

This is the fun part. We will have nitrous, seats that shake and make SFX when you push event, and even a machine that will put out billows of red smoke. I’ll have a lot more to say as we move along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
RidgeRacer is offline   Reply With Quote