View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
Wangta

Camshaft Deviations - Options?

Hi guys - I have my 2001 S with an Indy that will be performing some suspension upgrades. While the car is there - I had him pull the camshaft deviations as I’m thinking about doing the IMS and researching which options I should go for.

I had checked camshaft deviations in March of this year and they were 1: -5.66 and 2: -5.80.

This time - they came back 6.0 and 6.2. Slightly out or at spec (I forgot to ask if the changed throughout the rpm range and if they did the reading when engine was hot). The Indy shop doesn’t tear into engines (only air cooled) but did say this is something that I should look at - and would be leary about driving hard. I asked what he thought my options are - he said honestly, given age of car - and the resale values - I should think about selling. I was a little surprised by that given what I read here - I was under impression replacing cam pads and tensioner could correct the deviation numbers and bring them back to spec?

But perhaps given the cost of an IMS service, with this service - etc - it may be cheaper to sell??

Love the car and it runs strong (I am getting some clunking from what I think are rear trailing arms or droplinks).

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk