View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #4
maytag
Who's askin'?

Thanks again, to all of you who've responded here.
I'm eyeball-deep in projects right now, so I haven't done much.... BUT.... what I HAVE done isn't working for me.... Sunnuva.....

I got to the point where I was removing the bolts holding the halfshafts to the trans. There are 12 of them, and 10 went fine. the last two are kicking my A$$! they wouldn't budge, so I added some heat to the back flange. I cranked on 'em enough that the socket-cap stripped-out. So I welded an allen-socket to the first one..... the socket broke. So I bought another and welded it to the 2nd one.... the BOLT broke, 1" down from the cap. ::sigh::

SO: I'll cut the cap off the remaining one so I can finish getting the #$@! thing out.... and then ....

What do I risk having damaged adding that much heat to that axle-flange on the trans? Is it riding in a sealed-bearing? or does it have a rubber seal / wiper on it that I could've damaged? I tried to contain the heat, but ... sunnuva.....

SUNNUVA>.......

ok......
I'm calming-down now.

In the meantime, I'm sending back the Beluga exhaust to Beluga for warranty, because it's got something rattling inside the mufflers. They're not being super helpful at this point, in spite of them advertising their one-year warranty (I initially contacted them within 6 weeks of purchasing it).... but as long as they honor their warranty, I guess that'll be sufficient.

I'm making a list of parts I want to replace with new as I reassemble. It's growing. haha.

Thanks again, and in advance, for your help & support!
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote