View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 04:23 AM   #1
Exodus5

Occassional P0491 P0492 ?

New to me 2004 Boxster base. The person we bought it from (wife's uncle) has owned it since 2008. The car has had one reoccurring issue....Secondary Air Pump. He replaced the SAI pump and the code went away, then it came back one day not too long after. The CEL was cleared and it didn't come back for a year. Then it came back again. He took it to the Porsche dealer (they always took it back to the dealer) and they again said it was the SAI pump. At this point the CEL got reset again and we bought the car from him.
We drove this car from Houston TX to Charlotte NC with no issues. I've been driving it as a daily driver since then. Two days ago I jump in and start it up and immediately the CEL comes on. I have a scanner so I pull the P0491/492 codes. I jumped the relay and the pump came on. I am about to go digging around the vacuum system but wanted opinions first.....
Those of you who've HAD these errors....did they only occur occasionally? It seems to me if something was broken it would trigger the CEL every time I reset it, but I reset it and it didn't come back. I know it will come back at some point....
Exodus5 is offline   Reply With Quote