View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #8
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
The transmission is out. There was only one bolt missing. It was G. I had a time trying to get the tranny free until I found out the nut on the stud H is on the opposite side of the tranny. Once that was free so was the tranny.

I found pieces of the clutch disc in the bellhousing. This job came about because of a weird shifiting issue a few weeks ago. The clutch pedal fell free, I could not shift and the smell of burning clutch was in the air. The clutch disc was worn to the rivets on the pressure plate side, to the rivets. A chunk came off. I surmise it stuck between the disc and plate. The side to the flywheel was not to the rivets. However, the flywheel rotates with a single finger and does not seem to spring back. Earlier this week I ordered a super kit from Pelican. It is and was going to be replaced no matter the condition. It does however seem the replacement is needed. Pulling the flywheel is going to be another day, I need to fab a flywheel lock.

Then I will clean it up and look at the IMSB cover. I stongly lean towards replacing it. It ought to be dual row. However, I am in there. I have the funds. I always intended to replace it at clutch time. And if I had gotten the estimates I sought from a few independents, they would be doing it. My cam deviations appeared to be in spec. I use the guardian system on the car. It has never alerted. The oil pan was clean and the filters always checked out clean. I hate to spring for the tools. But it seems like the responsible thing to do

Would you report back on the release bearing and it's wear. Did you ever hear any rattling noise when shutting down the engine with the clutch out, and is your release bearing rusty? I have a rattling noise, but only when the clutch is out, but no rattling noise when the clutch is depressed shutting down the engine. A Porsche Dealership Tech recently told me when there picking up a part it could be the throw out bearing rusty. He ruled out the DMF.

Thanks!

Last edited by Lew; 08-04-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote