View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:57 AM   #20
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
My 2 cents on the issue , if you have a decent air compressor get a decent air driven gun . If you don't have a decent compressor get a corded gun . My last choice would be cordless and would look into Home Depot's house brand Rigid . I say that because they carry a lifetime warranty INCLUDING the batteries which in my opinion is huge . I recently purchased a kit at Fathers Day that had a cordless drill , a driver , charger and two batteries . Also received as a bonus pack two more batteries . Registered all online except the bonus pack batteries so I have lifetime warranty on all . The bonus pack batteries have a 3 year warranty .

The electrician that wired up my man cave garage turned me on to these , he's had them for several years and has had one battery and one finicky trigger switch replaced all for free . He said he gave away all his Dewalt cordless tools because of the Rigid warranty . I can see why he thinks that as I have dead Skil , Craftsman , Hitachi , Makita cordless tools that all need replacement batteries but the costs are stupid expensive
My first "real" cordless tool was a DeWalt 12 volt drill/driver that I bought in 1997. A few years ago the batteries no longer held a charge for very long, and a pair of genuine DeWalt batteries would cost more than I originally paid for the drill, charger and 2 batteries that came with it. So I bought some no-name batteries for it on Amazon a few years ago and they have held up well so far.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote