View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #16
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
The US General rolling red tool boxes are good and a great deal when they have their frequent sales. I have a Harbor Freight corded angle grinder which is great for the 1-2 times a year I use it. If you’re a home hobbyist, there are some things that are very good from Harbor Fraught and some that aren’t. The 1/4 inch drive deep sockets from their Pittsburgh brand work fine for me but may not in a shop where they see daily use. Anyone who makes a living with their tools should buy the best tools they can, they’ll be cheaper in the long run.
Harbor Freight has done so much to democratize tool ownership. I have tools that I'd never own if it weren't for HF. And their basic tools, like sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers, etc. are really more than we home users need. I' ve never broken a HF basic tool, and they are guaranteed for life. I have an HF angle grinder, bought it when my Black & Decker bit the dust. At $16, it's disposable. Same with their corded drills.

Gotta wonder how Mr. Trumps tariffs and the trade war are gonna affect tool prices. Craftsman is made in China now too!!
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote