View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 04:11 AM   #1
davidnyc

Suspension....please help me choose

My '99 base suspension is probably on its last legs, so thinking of a refresh. I will look at control arms and other parts to replace when in it, but mainly looking at what to do springs, dampers and roll bars.

Please help me choose.

My parameters:
- under $2K. The car is worth $10k, so, I don't want to spend a lot of money on the car.
- driving history => I used to track a lot years ago (raced a year, HPDE instructor, etc.). But lifestyle has changed and haven't been on the track or autocross in many years. At most, I would see the track once or twice a year. Not looking to win the HPDE championship, just want something fun, but not sloppy that would take away from the fun.
- previous car had PSS9. I kept it at 5 - 7 on the street and it didn't bother me. However, that was in a different region with smoother streets. I live in Northern VA now and streets are a little rougher (at times).

I have researched on this site the easy button ROWM030, whatever brand lowering springs with whatever brand dampers, etc. etc. It appears that the best thing to do is just do the ROWM030 and call it a day. Just want to hear other opinions.
davidnyc is offline   Reply With Quote