View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 04:04 AM   #46
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
It would be good to see a conceptual sketch of this if you are so inclined. Might be Boxster viable for those with no cage; performing a comprehensive canyon carver build. I will try and search up the kit.

I must say I am very drawn to 914-6 GTs and would consider building a clone someday. I believe the actual cars had a full cage and fixed roof so stiffness should have not been an issue?

Most feel they are ugly cars but I think they are fantastic looking. If you able to find a car that won't corrode and carry out this mod, one could have a very nice GT clone sans cage and a removable top...
I may be wrong but the only 914-6 GT's that came from Porsche with a cage were race cars the street cars had no cage . When folks started sticking hyped up sixes in that chassis they started to increase the torsional flex . Even guys with high HP fours were looking for solutions for the chassis flex . Mr. Engman saw an opportunity to come up with a solution and here we are . No it does not replace a full roll bar/cage but for a hot street car/AX machine his kit worked well .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote