View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 11:41 AM   #10
PaulE

Funny thing about reading the owner's manual

I'm as guilty as everyone else about not reading my owner's manuals for the cars I own. But on my 2003 S with the CDR 23 radio there is a TP button which stands for Traffic Program. Apparently it's there so that traffic announcements will interrupt whatever you happen to be listening to when a local traffic announcement is broadcast. In my 15 years of owning my car, only once on the Southern end of the New Jersey Turnpike has a traffic announcement come through on my radio. But the radio would always randomly beep with the message "NO TP" appearing on the radio screen. The owners' manual and radio instructions contain no instructions on how to turn off this TP function. Hit the TP button while the radio is on and it just goes mute. Even my Porsche dealer service department didn't know any way to deactivate this feature. But on one Porsche forum I found the secret procedure. It involves putting a CD in the radio, turning it off, and hitting a sequence of radio buttons as the "PORSCHE" name appears on the radio after you turn it back on. And the radio stays that way until you disconnect the battery and reconnect it again.

Sorry for the thread drift. We should all read our manuals. But sometimes when we do there are things that could be in there that aren't!
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote