View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #27
MWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
I expect that there are DOT or state limitations on where the turn signal has to be located though....
As I live in the same state as the OP (and as I had "heard" of some newly passed restrictions on vehicle lighting and turn signals) I thought I might chime in. For anyone interested, it's Indiana motor vehicle law title 9,section 19 (which I also assume conforms to federal law). Direct link:https://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2017/ic/titles/009#9-19

From what I've gleamed (although the state website is not real user friendly, so I also looked at some legal search engines) is that the turn signal must be located at a height greater than 24" but less than 60" and when illuminated must show an amber color (although strangely enough, the statue from the Indiana site lists a range of colors from white to amber?) and reflectors must produce an amber color when illuminated from an outside source. I should state that in the alternative (as the statute is rather confusing) it's whatever the arresting officer says it is when he gives you a ticket.

Anyway...pointless information.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote