View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 08:58 AM   #9
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
I actually did use the search function before posting. Your assumption that I did not was presumptive and incorrect.

Anyone pointing to the search function instead simply answering a question or moving on without comment is simply being a jerk to someone who is asking for help.

Your posts in this string certainly fit that description.

Reading both of your posts, the second is a weak attempt to justify your bad behavior in the first.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Now I have to figure out how to use the "block" function.
In that case, you should add me to your blocked list.

Mike provided a rather level headed comment about getting an opinion from someone with more than one data point, which is a suggestion well worth considering. Mike has been around for along time, and comments from years of experience, including running one of the best historical data website for 986/987 cars. He is in regular contact with a wide variety of people with extensive technical experience with these cars, so he is repository of a lot of information.

As for the comment about using the search function, far too many people ask the same question that has been asked innumerable times previously, rather than taking a few min of time to look around first. As a moderator on another Porsche technical website, I see this happen every day, when someone asks a question that has already been answered in detail more than a dozen times previously, and even has a fully detailed DIY in our tutorial section of the forum. My, and many other posters standard response is “Search is your friend”. As such, I saw Mike’s comment as a valid suggestion rather than as the criticism you seem to have taken.