Thread: L&N Engineering
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Sounds like he's a good salesman. IMS bearing replacement has been discussed over and over again here for years, from all sides and with facts and BeSt guesses. My personal opinion is probably irrelevant, but documented facts should matter. Were these "50 motor's that had L&N bearings go bad" that he has installed correctly in a engine that didn't already have a failure? Was it actually the IMS bearing that failed or was it one of many other factors that caused the engine to fail. Are there counterfeit, cheap bearings being sold as LN and EPS? Probably.

I'm not reading about a lot of LN bearing failures here on the forum. Are they all being reported on the other forums? Are people being paid hush money to keep it quiet? Lately most of the engines that are reported failing here are not IMS failures.

My advice? Do some research rather than opinion surfing, then make whichever choice will give you peace of mind and enjoyment of the car.

Last edited by 78F350; 07-13-2018 at 10:01 AM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote