View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #5
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
I tried hard not to get carried away and bought modestly priced consumer grade stuff for the project. It is fantastic, sounds fantastic and I have no regrets.

I selected the Pioneer DEH-X4900BT, and strongly considered the Kenwood DDX795BH. Most any of the Head Units are ok, you need to decide what features are important. I wanted to integrate wade into the head unit via the pioneer app and cheat a navi system out of it, but honestly, this is clunky and doesn’t work consistent. (worthless)
I have BT, Spotify via BT with control, (Man did my data consumption go up…:+)), USB (I stashed a 256GB SS HDD under the dash with thousands of songs in nice little folders) and put the parking brake hack on the wires so the DVD works without having to tie in the parking brake. I never intend to watch a movie when driving, but tying into the parking brake was a PIA.
Note: Choose the appropriate one for you head unit, but: “Micro Bypass ALL AVH-X Video In Motion Interface for Select Pioneer Receivers”)

My car had 2 speakers behind the seats and I upgraded to 4 speakers using 3-1/2” Infinity References using the stock harness. I bought euromotorspeed’s “1997-2011 Porsche Boxster Custom Rear Speaker Bracket Set” off ebay to fit them.
Front speakers were swapped to Alpine 4” SPS-410s (a bargain and great little speakers.
I replaced the Door Speakers (SUBS) with Pioneer TS-G650. I modified the stock baffle boxes to accommodate the switch from 5.25. (this is time consuming, but I'm a craftsman…looks and sounds great)

Name:  IMG_1139.jpg
Views: 2106
Size:  110.6 KB

Last edited by tonythetiger; 07-12-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: add image
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote