View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #3
mwh98

OK it is a slow process...............................for a 2001, So far I have found that there a small opening between the liner of the intake under the bumper and the bumper itselfl. If you pull the the headlight, and look straight down, you can work your finger between the two pieces. From there you can run the wires down the headlight barrel all the way to the windshield, undo the nut in the cowling at the base of the windshield, and bring the wires into the battery compartment. Use a fishtape to pull the wires through the cavity.

The best tool I have found to use as a fish tape is weed eater line. It is rigid enough to be pushed through tight areas, does not scratch like a regular fishtape, and is inexpensive and easy to get, even at 10:00 at night at Walmart.

Tonight I'll work on getting the wires into the interior of the car.

The one thing I can't get over is the amount of sharp metal edges throughout the structure of the car. Reaching down the headlight barrel is like reaching into a bag of razor blades. Ya gotta move slowly or your gonna get cut.

Mark
2001 Seal Grey 986
San Antonio, Texas
mwh98 is offline   Reply With Quote