View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #768
garv214

What's it worth?

Saw this on CL. 1998 Boxster, California Car with 25K miles. New clutch, IMS, and RMS (original owner was a wealthy young lady who didn't know how to drive a clutch apparently...). Burned out the clutch and the car sat until owner #2 purchased it. Owner #2 did the clutch, IMS, RMS about 4 years ago... owner #3 had the car for a year, but only put 2K miles on it and is now "moving on". Owner #3 just had the car serviced and will be sending me a copy of the service and shop inspection report on the car (if I move forward, I will do a PPI). The brakes were at 70% according to owner #3, tire age is unknown, but likely installed by owner #2. He will get me date codes. Currently asking price is $13.5K.

I really like the condition of the car, and the fact that the IMS/RMS/Clutch have been addressed. However, there are a whole bunch of other alphabet soup items that have likely not been addressed, and this car is priced at the very high end of the scale (in my novice opinion...)

OK, sooooooo now the big question, what is it worth? I guess that is a bit like asking "How long is a piece of string..." but I trust your collective wisdom on this...

Last edited by garv214; 07-11-2018 at 01:18 PM.
garv214 is offline   Reply With Quote