View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #5
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustinb25 View Post
Hey there members of the 986 forum!
My name is Agustin I’m 19 from NY and I’ve been reading along the forum for a few months now and really trying to get as much knowledge as I can about the 986 boxsters because I’d like to purchase one in the near future. I’ve never really been mechanically savvy nor am I able to drive stick but I’m hoping to change that through a 986. Ideally what I was thinking is that I would buy a 986 for parts and part it out for profit in hopes of buying my own. You guys being the knowledgeable ones do you think that it would be worth the time? And if so how difficult would the manual labor be? Thanks in advance, I hope to learn a bunch on here.
In addition to the great advice already given, your statements above in bold tell me a Porsche is not a good starter kit unless you get it cheap, probably have to be totaled. You need alot of high quality tools & and reserved place to work on it.

Having said all the the 986 is the funniest device ever invented by man so you are on the right track!