View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 08:25 AM   #39
Cunningr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave80GTSi View Post
Well, without intending to get into a prolonged side-discussion on this thread out of respect to the original poster's intent, I'll just throw this info out there as my final word.

After fitting these hollowed manifolds in lieu of the stock catalytic versions (and changing –nothing- else), and then driving the car for roughly 1000 miles, I was pleased to discover that:

1) The engine subjectively revved “quicker”. Especially notable while accelerating in the lower gears;

2) The engine sounded better. Not necessarily louder, but with a neat subtle (but notable) ‘burble’ when backing off of the accelerator;

3) The engine ran cooler. The needle on my dash water temperature gauge consistently rested just to the left of the ‘8’ in the ‘180’ number, again with no other changes made, and;

4) According to my dash on-board computer, I picked up 1-1/2 more miles to the gallon (!!!) in fuel economy.

Which makes sense, you made the engine breathe better. But Art does track his car and for myself mine is euro spec so I only have secondary. But no difference between a street or track car, headers will make either perform better. Using that on the street may be a different issue. But hands down headers will privide the best performance, because of the design. I would bet fvd headers will have no fitment issues, fvd has been making headers for all porsches for many years.

Just saying just because you buy headers doesnt mean they wont fit, that is prinarily dependent on manufacturer. Fabspeed, fvd, and NHP, seem to specialize here.