View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 06:06 AM   #38
Dave80GTSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by edc View Post
Thats a fair view but extending that view why mod the exhaust at all? Manifolds and sports cats don't give a huge amount of extra power in any case.
Well, without intending to get into a prolonged side-discussion on this thread out of respect to the original poster's intent, I'll just throw this info out there as my final word.

After fitting these hollowed manifolds in lieu of the stock catalytic versions (and changing –nothing- else), and then driving the car for roughly 1000 miles, I was pleased to discover that:

1) The engine subjectively revved “quicker”. Especially notable while accelerating in the lower gears;

2) The engine sounded better. Not necessarily louder, but with a neat subtle (but notable) ‘burble’ when backing off of the accelerator;

3) The engine ran cooler. The needle on my dash water temperature gauge consistently rested just to the left of the ‘8’ in the ‘180’ number, again with no other changes made, and;

4) According to my dash on-board computer, I picked up 1-1/2 more miles to the gallon (!!!) in fuel economy.
Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote