View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #27
L1ttleBastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
At the risk of reigniting the fisticuffs (please don't), PCA just released an article about the Boxster being underrated. Maybe it won't take 30 yrs for it to be appreciated.

https://www.pca.org/news/2018-06-26/why-986-boxster-porsche-we-should-all-be-shopping

Values of 996s starting to appreciate doesn't hurt either. A rising tide lifts all boats, as they say.
I'm not saying I stirred the pot at PCA, but this article did come out within a few weeks of my email to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
Keep in mind as well, the prices of the air cooled cars are getting silly... There aren't many models left to chose from in the reasonable realm. Even though there is the lust of the air cooled cars, many still want something more modern... that leaves the 996/986 era pretty much. Also, with plug ins becoming more and more the "thing" as time goes on, cars that have "normal" engines will start to become more desirable. If nothing else, it will be a fun ride! Still miss my '84 911 though!!!!
That's what I'm saying! Air-cooleds have gotten out of control at an alarming rate.

Funny you say that. We're looking at a Tesla 3 when the daily drivers lease is up.

There's nothing like the sound of that air-cooled flat 6! I can't agree more. Miss the Slantnose we use to have.
L1ttleBastard is offline   Reply With Quote