View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 04:40 PM   #1
maddogxx
Porsche = 2 syllalbe word

Garage
brake wear light

HI guys, my brake wear light started coming on intermittently about 3 weeks ago. I finally got around to replacing the brake pads. I started by inspecting the rears ansd saw that the pads were really low so I replaced just the rear. The drivers side was the worst with the pad worn down to the sensor on each pad, the pass side was worn thru too but not quite as far as the drivers side. I inspected the wear sensors on both side and neither sensor showed any signs of damage. So I took for a test spin and the light came back on so I figured the fronts needed to be changed. So I replace the front pads even though they had pad left but they were close to the sensor but not thru left. Went for a test drive and the light comes right back on. So I had one new sensor and put that on the drivers side rear because that was where the most wear was, took it for a drive and the the light comes right on, came back inspected the pass side sensor again but it shows no sign of damage. Is there some type of reset I have to do to get the light turned off? Thanks in advance.
maddogxx is offline   Reply With Quote