View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 11:43 AM   #6
dmootzler

Thanks for the advice guys. Sounds like Miata is the overwhelming top choice. It was actually my first choice as well...but then my mom got an SL400. After driving that a lot this summer, my Mazda 3 feels really sluggish -- which is worrisome since, on paper at least, it does 0-60 in roughly the same time as a 2012 Miata.

Does the Miata really feel much quicker than it is? I don't care about the actual numbers or winning drag races; I'm just looking for that visceral thrill of acceleration I definitely don't want to buy a car solely for its fun factor and then end up bored by it.

Responding to a couple other replies though:
This is the first car I'll buy outright for myself. I split the cost of my true first car with my parents and sister, so I don't really think of it as mine.

College and rent is fully paid for and I have around $10k saved and will make another $10-15k this summer plus a couple grand a month during the school year, so I think I'm in a place financially where I can safely afford either car. I just want to make sure I make the right choice, since this is far more money than I've ever spent on anything.
dmootzler is offline   Reply With Quote