View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #7
garv214

Thanks for the input guys!

Yeah, I figure I would be underwater on the 2000 S by around $5-6K (assuming market for a low mileage, West-Coast, maintained Boxster is around $12-14K). And I would realize the loss immediately after spending the money. In contrast, the 2010 Base, I would realize the loss a bit more slowly, so if I had a change of heart, my financial "exposure" would be less with the 2010.

I also agree, that I have a direction I want to go, but I was looking for additional insights from the forum folks...

My Gut: 2000 Boxster S - Love the color, car seems a bit more basic (my Miata is a R Package, so I obviously like basic...), and it strikes me as a bit more "special".

My Brain: 2010 Boxster Base - 2 year CPO warranty (the car is at a Porsche dealership), easier to finance, car is turn-key, 10 year old newer car, less of a monetary hit if I change my direction on Porsche ownership in the near term.

My Wife: Save your money and buy a SUV to replace our 2004 Lexus RX with 160K on the clock. <...clearly she is a kill-joy...>

I am ok with the plastic window as I intend to keep the car garaged. I have owned my 1994 Miata since 2003 and it still has the same plastic window in it. That car is now garaged up in the Sonoma Wine Country, waiting for my 12 year old son to turn 16... I did drive a 2002 Boxster with a glass window (not a 2003+ transplant top) and the window was rather small and somewhat misplaced... I am sure the 2003+ tops are a much better solution... any ideas on what those tops cost and where they can be obtained? I am assuming some company is marketing/selling used ones...

Lastly, has anyone done the LN Engineering "the Solution" bearing on their car (vs the standard upgraded bearing). The Solution is double the part cost, but you are only paying for the labor once (and for a checkbook mechanic, that is important...)

Thanks for the link to the Seattle Boxster! It's a nice car, but I am not a big fan of black/black however (had a black car once, I was washing it twice a week...ugh).
garv214 is offline   Reply With Quote