View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #39
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
X2. I sprayed my headlights with a clear automotive paint when I was painting some other parts and they still look like brand new two years later. The front of my car gets a daily dose of Texas sun every day too. The spray can stuff doesn't have a hardner in it and they''ll go dull after some time. Not as quick as polishing, but eventually.
Ok, one more time - the SprayMax Headlight System clear coat is a two stage catalyst paint (2k), it does have a separate hardener that is released into the paint at application time by puncturing the hardener container that is within the clear coat can. It has a pot life of a hour or so.. Additionally, the SprayMax system requires use of two different products, a 1k primer paint and the 2k catalyst paint. They are bundled together by shrink wrap and cannot be purchased separately.

The SprayMax system cannot be purchased just anywhere. I found mine at an auto paint shop through one of the online stores like EBay or Walmart Online.

I don’t care one way or the other if anyone uses this system, I just want people who come here looking for information to have all the info possible. There are details of using this product in the link I posted earlier in this thread.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 06-18-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote