Thread: Top Repair
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #2
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by samg1965 View Post
A couple of weeks ago I started a thread asking about my top, but didn't have photos. I've got a little more info now and would like some more advice.... If you can see, the "connector rod" to the clam shell ball broke off (right side). I was hoping it would be an easy fix with a $50 part, but stopped by my indy shop yesterday at Doc's in Columbia, SC. I mentioned in my previous post that my clamshell was not sitting flush on the left side. without pictures, I had replies suggesting it was warped. The mechanic yesterday without taking a hard look said it was likely a broken cable on one side preventing it from being flush. That changed my $50 job into a $1200 job. They are pretty good at Doc's, but this was just a quick assessment without really looking at it. I thought I'd post this info again with pictures and ask again before committing my wallet.....

$1,200.00?

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Find a new indy, or do it yourself.

Pros soon will chime in.