View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
gsy4771

Narrowed to three

We are in the market to purchase a Boxster and have it narrowed to three. I was hoping to get some opinions.

1. 03 Base, 59k miles, good maintenance. IMS Classic, clutch, coils, plugs replaced @ 30k miles. 3 owners, current owner for 5+ years, $12.5k

2. 02S, 52kmiles, hard top, clutch was replaced @ 22k (the IMS wasn’t), ok maintenance records, essentially yearly oil with the exception of coils, plugs, brake line flush, coolant flush three years ago. 2 owners, current owner for 5+ years, $13k. I figure another $2.5k for IMS plus something.

3. 02S, 90k, IMS Classic installed 35k miles ago, very good maintenance. The car is very 03 like, new 03 top and all the lights have been replaced so no amber plastic. 4 owners, current owner for 5+ years, $11k

All the owners passed the ‘doesn’t seem like a jerk’ test. I think I’m leaning toward #1 because I think the plastic window will make me crazy and I like the lower miles and it is an 03. I thought I read there were minor advantages with the 03 engine vs 02 engine. Base vs S doesn’t mean that much to me, I want a fun convertible to drive around and enjoy. I really want to like #2 but the cost is getting higher than I would like.

I understand has different requirements for why they buy these cars but I’m curious about other’s opinions or if there is something I didn't think of.
gsy4771 is offline   Reply With Quote